Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introduction


My name is Jay Floyd and I am the co-founder along with Clay Livingston of the Georgia Strength Coaches Association. I am going to start keeping a blog with a few ideas and notes from me and maybe some other strength coaches to help spread some knowledge around. First a little background on me. I have a BS in Exercise Science and a Masters in PE. I am a certified USAW Club Coach or whatever it is they call it now. I competed in powerlifting from 2002-2006 and totaled elite in the 275's in the American Powerlifting Federation. My best lifts were an 845 squat, 535 bench, 640 deadlift, and 2000 total. I made it into the Powerlifting USA top 100 in total and squat in the 308 division and into the top 39 and 50 in the squat and total respectively in the 275 class. I have also been a high school strength and conditioning coach and offensive line coach for 7 years. I feel like I have a unique perspective having competed in powerlifting yet believing in the Olympic Lifts. I still use many Westside principles in our training even though we base our program on the explosive lifts. As far as my family goes, I am married with two sets of twins, both being boys and girls. My first set were born on Dec 22nd 2008 and my second set were born on Dec 20th 2010. I like to brag that I am the only person in the history of the world to have squatted 800lbs, fathered 2 sets of fraternal twins, and caught a foul ball at a Braves game. I hope this blog can be useful for someone and in turn I can keep on stealing knowledge from other people in the industry.

No comments: